What Do We Offer?
- Assessments: Basic appraisal of a work with constructive feedback
- Proofreading: Checking for basic spelling, grammatical and sentence level issues
- Copy-editing: Line level editing that includes things like word choice, clarity, grammar, and flow
- Development editing: Intensive editing of the full work, with a learning element to help you grow as a writer
- Workshops: online and at various locations in England
- International writing retreats dedicated to a whole week of creativity, learning, and feedback
- Self-publishing packets: cover design, editing, typesetting for kindle/epub, etc
Development editing, our most popular offer, can include, but isn’t limited to:
- A complete read of the manuscript with notes on structure, plot gaps, and character development
- Chapter by chapter line edits after the development edit, all done in track changes with explanations
- An interactive, flexible schedule, allowing you to learn and question along the way while working at your own pace
- Discussions of what may make the work even better, how to develop it further, and where to go once you’re finished with it
How can we help you?
- The ultimate goal is for you to send off your manuscript fully edited and ready to shine. The more work you’ve put into it, the better your chances of getting the feedback you desire from it.
- If you are going the Publish on Demand/Self-Publishing route, you want the best possible product to market, one free of errors and inconsistencies; we can help you achieve that.
- Even if you don’t want to publish it for the world at large, you can create a document you can be proud of. Or, if you want assistance on a short story, a novella, your thesis, or even just a paper for school, we can handle the smaller jobs too!
- Along the way you’ll learn more about the craft of writing, so your next project is that much cleaner.