What Do We Offer?
- Assessments: Basic appraisal of a work with constructive feedback
- Proofreading: Checking for basic spelling, grammatical and sentence level issues
- Copy-editing: Line level editing that includes things like word choice, clarity, grammar and flow
- Development editing: Intensive editing of the full work, with a learning element
- Query letter and synopsis assistance
This can include, but isn’t limited to:
- A complete read of the manuscript with notes on structure, plot gaps and character development.
- Chapter by chapter line edits after the development edit, all done in track changes with explanations.
- An interactive, flexible schedule, allowing you to learn and question along the way.
- Discussions of what may make the work even better, how to develop it further, and where to go once you’re finished with it.
What is the goal?
- The ultimate goal is for you to send off your manuscript fully polished, fully edited and ready to shine. The more work you’ve put into it, the better your chances of getting the feedback you desire from it.
- If you are going the Publish on Demand/Self-Publishing route, you want the best possible product to market, one free of errors and inconsistencies.
- Even if you don’t want to publish it for the world at large, you can create a document you can be proud of. Or, if you want assistance on a short story, a novella, your thesis, or even just a paper for school, we can handle the smaller jobs too!
- Hopefully, along the way, you’ll learn more about the craft of writing, so your next project is that much cleaner.