The World of Publishing is Always Changing
And that means your options are, too. Traditional or self publishing? Agent or no agent? Ebook or paperback? Color or black and white? Ingram or Amazon? Mainstream or niche?
When it comes to putting your book out in the world, there are so many avenues open to you, which means you probably have a lot of questions. We can help! It’s always good to understand what route is best for you and why, and we can help you figure that out. And once you’ve done so, we can help with the next steps, too. Getting publishing help means you can avoid costly mistakes, and it also means you’ll know you’ve chosen the right option.
The Usual Suspects:
Self-publishing can feel incredibly intimidating. You’ve written a story, but what do you do with it now? First, you make sure this is the road you want to take, and then you methodically work your way through the steps.
How we can help:
- We can help you understand the differences between self-publishing and traditional publishing, and the pros and cons of each.
- We can discuss how self-publishing works and what you’ll need to do to make it work for you.
- Talk through your market and how to understand it.
- Help you create the book itself: we can handle typesetting, jacket design, blurb creation, tag line set up, and even help with your marketing and brand.
Like self-publishing, traditional publishing can also feel overwhelming, and it can be hard to know where to start. Where do you find publishing houses? How do you get someone interested in your book? What should you expect?
How we can help:
- We can help you decide whether or not you need an agent, and then how to find one.
- Help with approaching agents and publishers.
- Help you understand your market and who you should submit to.
- Help you create a query letter, a synopsis of your story, and get your manuscript ready for submission.